Before you buy a policy with 1st CENTRAL, you need to make sure you’re happy with the important information found below. You’ll be asked to confirm that you’ve read and understood this information at the point you purchase your policy.
The information you provide to us
When buying insurance from 1ST CENTRAL, you must ensure that:
- The information you provide is correct; the Road Traffic Acts state that it is an offence to make a false statement to obtain a Certificate of Motor Insurance.
- You tell us immediately of any alteration to the details you have declared on the Statement of Fact (issued when buying your car insurance).
- When asked, you tell us any facts that could influence an insurer when they are deciding about issuing an insurance policy. If you are in any doubt as to whether certain facts are relevant of not, please ask us. You can call our sales team on
0333 043 2044.
Failure to tell us these facts when requested to do so could invalidate all or part of your policy.
Assumptions we’ll make
There are a number of assumptions we’ll make when you get a quote and purchase your insurance policy.
- Is a standard UK model (not imported) and is registered in the UK
The drivers (applies to all named drivers and the policyholder):
- Have never had their insurance declared void or cancelled by a previous insurer
- Hold the appropriate licence to drive the vehicle insured.
- Have never been convicted of or cautioned (or have prosecutions pending) for any non-motoring offences (except where these are considered spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act).
- Have never been notified by or are subject to any investigation, legal proceedings or disputes, where any insurer has communicated that their actions in taking out an insurance policy or making a claim, has led to an allegation or act of fraud on their behalf, or that they were party to such an act.
Changes to your Policy, Renewals and Cancellations
- We’ll advise you within 14 days of any revised premium and / or changes to the Terms and Conditions which may result from any changes you make to your policy
- We may also seek to automatically renew your policy
- Our fees for setting up your policy, processing amendments, issuance of documents, and cancellation, are shown below:
If you make a change on the phone or web chat £30
Please note that in the event that any changes are made to your policy during the year, or your policy is cancelled, any amount owed as a result, including fees and charges if applicable, will be taken on the last payment details we have on record for you.