How to tell us something's happened to your car
Unless you need roadside assistance, the quickest, easiest way to report a claim, or tell us about a bump or scrape, even if you're not claiming, is online via Your Account, which you can access from the comfort and safety of your home, 24/7.
We recommend logging a claim as soon as it’s safe to do so. The sooner you give us all the details, the quicker we can get everything sorted for you.
Don’t worry, if you'd rather speak to us, we’re available day and night, seven days a week. Just give us a call on 0333 043 2011 and we’ll be happy to help.
Need immediate assistance?
I've broken down
My windscreen's damaged
I've lost my keys
If you need to make a claim for lost or stolen keys, just give us a call on 0333 241 3390 and we'll help you get back on the road.
Need to discuss an existing
1st Central claim?
If you’ve got a question about an existing claim one of our agents will be happy to help. Chat to us over web chat, or give us a call on 0333 043 2022 Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm.
Alternatively you can get an update on your claim and upload any evidence to support your claim online in Your Account.
Who are our repairers and why should you use them?
We choose our approved repairers carefully to make sure you get the best service possible and are confident that your vehicle is in safe hands.
So if you need to make a claim for your repairs, we'll keep you in the loop throughout the whole process, ensuring you get regular updates on how the repairs are progressing and when they’re expected to finish.
There’s no need to worry about being left without a vehicle, as not only will our approved repairers collect your vehicle from you and deliver your vehicle back once the repairs are complete, but we’ll also organise a replacement vehicle while the repairs are being completed, so you can get on with what matters.
All our repairs are guaranteed for five years, because we're confident in the skill of our teams in delivering the quality of work that’ll get your vehicle working good as new.
Our network is extensive and reaches across the UK, including Northern Ireland and the Isle of Wight, so no matter where you are, one of our approved repairers shouldn’t be too far away.
Car repairs are taking a bit longer than usual…
As you may be aware, the whole country is being affected by global supply issues, which is slowing down the availability of car parts.
This means if you need to make a claim, you may experience a longer wait than usual to get your car repaired. For more information, we’ve written a blog post with everything you need to know.
Check it out on 1st Central Hub
We're here to help every step of the way
Simply log in to Your Account to review and update your details with ease – anytime, anywhere and without the hold music.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve been in an incident and I’m at the side of the road
- Keep yourself safe. If anyone is hurt call 999
- Do your best to get the name, contact number, reg number and insurance details of anyone else involved. Make a note of any passengers in the other car
- Photos of any damage to your or the other drivers car will help us speed up your claim. If you can do so safely, take some pictures of the scene of the accident to show where it happened
- Give us a call on 0333 043 2011 . The team are here to help 24/7, 365 days a year
I’m at home and need to tell you about an incident
You can register your claim online via Your Account, or if you’d rather speak to us, just give us a call on 0333 043 2011. The team are here to help 24/7, 365 days a year.
What will we ask you about?
- Your personal details
- What’s happened and is there damage to the car
- If the car is driveable
- Details of any third parties who were involved in the incident
- Details of any witnesses to the incident
- Details of any passengers in your or the third party's car
- If the police were involved and any crime reference number, if relevant
I’d like to discuss an existing claim
- We will give you regular updates on how the repairs are progressing and when they are expected to finish.
- If you feel you have any questions about your repairs, you can call us on 0333 043 2022.
Find out more about our approved repair network below.
If you’re expecting a settlement because your car cannot be repaired:
- We’ll call you to discuss your settlement but in the meantime we’ll keep you up to date by email and text.
- If we’ve already agreed an amount with you and you’re waiting for your payment to arrive, please bear with us as it can take a few days for this to get to you.
If you want to send us any documents, images, proof of purchase of car seats or personal belongings that were damaged as a result of your incident, you can do so online via Your Account. There you’ll also be able to find out if there’s any impact to your No Claims Discount and check the current status of your claim.
If you’ve got a question about a claim but don’t want to pick up the phone, you can message us on web chat Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm and one of our representatives will be happy to help.
I’ve been in an incident with somebody insured with 1st Central
We’re sorry you’ve been in an accident with one of our customers; depending on the nature of your accident, even if you’re not insured with us, we can still offer you our claims service where you’ll benefit from:
- No excess to pay
- A fully managed end to end process
- A similar replacement vehicle to your own, whilst your vehicle’s being repaired
- Five-year guarantee on repairs with all approved parts and approved repairer methods
- You’ll maintain any warranty you may have on your car
We’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we’re easy to deal with, our customers feel valued and we provide peace of mind by delivering on our promises. All of this is backed up by our 5 Star rating from Defaqto, which means you can be confident that you’re in safe hands.
Simply call our team on 0333 043 2011, we’re here to help 24/7, 365 days a year.